There are many benefits of using the Slack digest from Enform.io, but here are just a few:
- Focus on your work and avoid getting overwhelmed by notifications
- Focus on what's important and achieve your goals and objectives more easily
- Keep your finger on the pulse of everything going on, so you don’t need to be in the weeds.
- The Slack digest is a great way to stay aligned across all of your goals
- Quickly align delivery of tasks to business objectives.
- Provide visibility on what teams are actually working on, minimizing the chances of becoming overworked, or working on things that do not relate to current business objectives.
Get started with Slack digests in 3 quick steps
Step 1: Connect to your Slack account
Go to the Integrations page and connect to Slack.
Step 2: You will then be asked to log in to Slack and allow the Slack integration.
Step 3: On you’ve connected to Slack, you’ll be redirected back to the Integrations page and quickly asked which teams you want to enable digests via Slack for.
Step 4: You will also receive a welcome messages from Slack as well. The welcome message will indicate what teams you’ll receive digests for, and when you’ll get them.
Receiving a Digest in Slack
At 4pm local time (based on your timezone in your user profile), you will receive a digest in Slack that includes all the items that have been updated since the last digest. The digest will also group updated items by goals and objectives they have been linked to providing extra context.
The content of the Slack digest is identical to the digest emails that are sent.
Linking new items from Slack
Anything newly discovered and not linked to an existing Goal will appear at the bottom of the digest with the option to quickly link to a new or existing goals. This allows you keep all aspects of delivery aligned to business objectives.
You can also create new goals for items directly within Slack too.
Inviting other team members to receive Slack digests
By going to Teams > [Find a Team] > Team Members, you can invite other team members to also receive digests via Slack too.
When you turn on Slack Notifications for a team member, it send an email to the recipient asking them to connect their Slack. If they have already connected to Slack, the email will simply inform them that they will start to receive notifications via Slack.